Moroccan Chicken Couscous is a perfect summer supper and is quick and simple to make. It shouldn’t take any longer than 20 minutes to prepare so ideal after a busy day at work.
- Serves 4
- Can be served warm or cold
- Perfect for a summer supper or summer picnic
- Refrigerate any leftovers and eat for lunch the next day.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons harissa paste
- 200g couscous
- 1 small red onion finely sliced
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 roasted red peppers from a jar, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, shredded
- 400ml hot chicken stock (from a cube is fine)
- Salt and pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Chop the chicken breasts into 2.5cm/1″ cubes.
- Spoon the Harissa paste into a bowl and stir in the chicken making sure it gets evenly coated.
- Put the couscous, sliced onion, halved tomatoes, roast red peppers and shredded mint into a bowl. Pour over the hot chicken stock, add salt and pepper, stir and cover the bowl with cling film. Leave for 5 minutes to allow the grains to soak up the stock.
- Meanwhile fry the marinated chicken in a non-stick frying pan for 5-6 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove the cling film from the couscous, add in the lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil. Fluff up the couscous with a fork and place in a serving dish.
- Place the cooked Harissa chicken on top and serve immediately or cover until at room temperature and then refrigerate.