This simple dish of Courgettes with Feta and Mint is delicious served as a side dish – especially to Lamb. It is tasty on its own, either hot or cold. I often like to serve it as a side dish at a BBQ and it always proves popular. If you don’t like feta, you can leave it out or replace it with some grilled halloumi, and the pomegranate seeds are optional but do make it look pretty!
- Serves 2 as a main, or 4 as a side dish
- Eat warm or cold
- Delicious on its own, or as a perfect side to BBQ Lamb
- 3 courgettes
- Bunch of spring onions or chives
- 1 pack / 200g feta cheese
- Olive oil
- Juice of a lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, shredded
- Salt and pepper
- Handful of pomegranate seeds (optional)
- Chop the top and bottom off the courgettes. Half lengthways, then slice into half-moon pieces around 1cm wide.
- Finely slice the spring onions (or chives).
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick, medium-hot pan, and fry the courgettes until they begin to soften and show a slight golden colour (approx 4-5 minutes).
- Add the spring onions (or chives), lemon juice, shredded mint, salt and pepper and stir for 30 seconds. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Pour the courgette mixture into a serving dish, chop or crumble the feta cheese over the top and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds (if using).
- Serve immediately, or chill and use as a salad later.